Odisha Public Service Commission released a notification to recruit an Assistant Executive Engineer in the Water Resources Department. Applicants (both male and female) with a degree in Civil or Mechanical Branches of Engineering and a valid GATE Score can apply. The online application link for Odisha Assistant Engineer Recruitment commences on January 12, 2024. Applicants should submit their application before the deadline, i.e. 12 February 2024.
OPSC accepts applications from eligible candidates online only, so applications submitted through any other mode will not be considered. Applicants are not required to pay any fee to submit their OPSC AEE application because under the G.A. letter issued on 11. 02.22 all applicants are exempted from the fee.
OPSC AEE Recruitment Notification contains many details like eligibility, selection procedure, application submission details, required documents, and vacancy details. To know such details, read the article till the end and read the official notification whose link is shared in the article.
Odisha Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2024
The commission announced a total of 621 vacant posts in their recruitment advertisement. In details. Of these, 580 posts are civil engineers, who shall be recruited for the water resource department, work department, and H & UD departments. The remaining 41 posts are for AEE (Mechanical) under the Water resource department.
Shortlisted applicants will get a pay scale of Level 12 with all applicable allowances. As far as the selection process is concerned, the authority will invite the applicants for an interview. The commission prepares a merit list based on the GATE scorecard and interview. To prepare this list, the commission gave 90% weightage to the GATE Scorecard and 10% to the interview.
So, anyone between 21 and 38 years old who fulfils the given condition may apply for the posts by following the link.
OPSC AEE Recruitment Notification 2024: Overview
|Assistant Executive Engineer
|19 of 2023-24
|Application Start from
|12 January 2024
|12 February 2024
|Number of Posts
|GATE Score and Interview
|Civil and Mechanical
Odisha Assistant Engineer Recruitment Vacancy Details
From the given 621 posts, there are some posts reserved for female applicants and another category. In the table given below, you can check such details. During the form submission, applicants must give their department preference for Civil engineers.
|326 (109 for women)
|77 (26 for women)
|137 (45 for women)
|40 (14 for women)
Eligibility Criteria for OPSC AEE Recruitment 2024
Applicants must fulfil the following conditions to be eligible for the AEE post.
The minimum and maximum age for the Odisha AEE Posts is 21 and 38, respectively. It means the applicants must not born earlier than 2 January 1983 and later than 1 Jan 2002.
Age relaxation in the upper age limit is applicable for reserved category applicants.
- A degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering from a recognised University.
- A valid GATE Scorecard.
Other Eligibility Condition
Along with the abovementioned criteria, the applicants must fulfil the conditions below.
- Able to read, write and speak Odia and Have,
- Passed the middle school exam with Odia as a subject or
- Passed 10 in Odia as a medium of examination in a non-language subject. or
- Passed in Odia as a language subject in class 6 or
- Passed a test in Odia in Middle School Standard.
How to apply online for Odisha Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2024?
One may submit the OPSC AEE application online at www.opsc.gov.in. Applicants read the instructions before applying for the posts. Any changes in the submitted application form will not be entertained. So it is advisable to submit the details carefully. As per the govt order, applicants are exempted from fee payment. You can easily submit the AEE Application form by going through the steps here.
- Open the OPSC Official Website.
- Now, on the home page, you need to tap on the Apply Online tab./
- On the new page, a few instructions will appear; read them carefully and proceed.
- First, you need to register on the portal with some basic details.
- Upon successful registration, you can check your login details in your Email.
- Afterwards, you must log in to the portal with the login details.
- Fill in the details in the given application form and proceed.
- Upload the documents in the given manner and preview them before proceeding.
- Once you satisfy proceed to complete the application procedure.
- Finally, download the submitted application to present it during the interview.
You must upload some of your documents while submitting the OPSC AEE application. Such documents shall be in the given size and format. Here is the list of documents and its size.
- Candidate Passport Size photograph (Upto 150 kb)
- Applicant Signature (Upto 150 kb)
- Thumb impression (Upto 150 kb)
- 10 Certificate
- Intermediate certificate
- Mark List of all semester/annual examinations.
- GATE Scorecard
- Caste Certificate (if any)
Recommended: Air Force Agniveer Recruitment 2024: Notification
Odisha AEE Recruitment Selection Procedure
Based on their GATE score, the commission invites twice the number of candidates as per the advertised vacancies for interviews, which is two times the number of vacancies. The interview date and time are announced later via notice, email, or SMS. During the interview, the applicants must bring their original documents for verification. The final merit list, prepared by the commission, combines 90 weights to GATE Score and 10% to interview marks. In case of a tie, the candidates with higher interview scores are preferred.
What is the last date to apply for Odisha Assistant Engineer Recruitment?
Per the details, the applicants may submit their application by February 12, 2024.
Who is eligible for OPSC AEE Recruitment?
Anyone with a valid GATE score and a Degree in Engineering is eligible to apply.
What is the selection procedure for OPSC AEE Posts?
Authority selects the candidates based on their GATE score and interview.