West Bengal Ration Card 2020 digital ration card, online Registration, Application Status, Benefits: The west Bengal public distribution system(WBPDS) has taken an initiative to convert all manual ration cards into fully digital ration cards (E-ration card). The motive of this scheme is to provide food grains and other benefits at subsidized prices, these fair prices are set by the govt. of West Bengal. As we know that in India ration card is the most important legal document for proving citizenship in India.
West Bengal Digital Ration Card 2020
The West Bengal Cardholder can avail of all the benefits by the state government of Bengal. In this article, we provide you all the necessary information about west Bengal e-ration card 2020. Eligibility, Application status, Direct link for registration.
Latest Update- The West Bengal state government organize coupons for the natives of Bengal who have not received E-ration cards to avail of the benefits from SDO, BDO can apply for coupons on the official website.
WBPDS E-Ration Card 2020-Overview
|Name of Department||Dept. of Food and Supplied,|
Govt. of West Bengal
|Ration Card(state)||West Bengal|
|Ration Card (Type)||Fully Digital Ration Card|
|Initiated By||West Bengal Public Distribution System|
|Beneficiaries||Natives of West Bengal|
|Motive||Providing Food Items at a Subsidized Price|
|Article (Type)||Registration Form|
|Official Portal||West Bengal Public Distribution System(WBPDS)|
West Bengal Digital Ration Card online application form status
The natives of West Bengal are to be informed that they can apply for an application form from the Public Distribution System. The application form made available in two modes i.e. Online and Offline. The candidates who want to apply for a digital ration card can check various information such as eligibility criteria, document to be required, application status, and other information.
Candidates who want to take advantage of the E-ration card scheme of west bengal must go through these points given below.
- Candidate must be living legally and he must be a permanent dweller of west Bengal and follow all the norms of West Bengal state government.
- The candidate must not hold the Ration card.
- A candidate who is having a temporary ration card or their ration card get expired can apply for a new digital ration card.
- The newly married couples are eligible to apply for a Digital Ration Card.
- While filling the application form the documents that are to be submitted must be real and genuine, in case of any discrepancy with the document their application will be rejected.
Documents Required for WBPDS Digital Ration Card West Bengal 2020
Candidate must require the following valid documents if he wants to apply for a new digital ration card of West Bengal.
- Contact number for verification
- 12 digit Aadhar card for identification of the citizen
- Voter ID card
- PAN Card
- Email ID of the Candidate
- Old Ration Card (Expired/Temporary)
- Age and Residence proof
- Income proof
WBPDS Ration Card-Types/Income Groups
As we know that government allots different ration cards for various income groups. given below the different ration cards issued by west Bengal govt.
|Name of the Card||Beneficiary|
|(APL) Above poverty line –White Color)||Income above Rs. 100000.|
|(BPL) Below Poverty Line -(Pink Color)||Income below Rs 24,200.|
|(AAY) Antyodya Anna Yojana||Landless laborers, disabled adults sick persons, marginal farmers, craftsmen, illiterate, disabled persons|
WBPDS Digital Ration Card West Bengal-Update Prices
In the period of lockdown, the West Bengal government also give ration for the 6 months at the fair price of Rs 5 per kg. Candidate can see the updated price given below
|Items||Price per kg|
Steps to Apply for West Bengal Digital Ration Card Application form Online 2020
- Candidate have to start by visiting the official website www.wbpds.gov.in
- Click on the “Apply online” link.
- Now candidate is required to enter his 10 digits mobile number to validate his number.
- Click on “Get OTP”
- Enter the OTP sent to the candidate registered number
- Now select the option “Digital Ration Card Holder” or “New Application”
- The Application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Fill the application form with uploading the required documents
- Candidate is required to fill his all details related to members of the family
- After adding the members he can verify the details carefully
- At last click on the submit button to save your details.
- Candidate application number will be generated and save it for future use.
Steps to Apply for Digital Ration Card West Bengal 2020 Offline
If candidate can’t access to fill the application form online they can also apply through offline mode. Follow these simple steps given below.
- Candidate is required to get another copy of the application form which made available from online mode.
- A candidate is required to take a printout of application form according to the Urban/Rural category according to their income groups.
- Fill-up the form by attaching all the mandatory documents along with the application form.
- Now submit the application form to the concerned food supply office.
Benefits of E- Ration Card WB
- All natives of West Bengal can avail of the ration benefit through the online portal.
- By this portal, the natives of West Bengal prevent from the Red-Tapism procedure and this brings transparency to the people.
- The Surrender Certificate also generated from this portal.
- The New fair prices and schemes have been updated to this portal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
A candidate who wants to apply for a digital ration card can apply through Online mode as well as offline mode.
The following documents required for West Bengal E-Ration card are Adhar Card, Pan card, Age Proof, Voter ID.
The official site to apply for E- Ratio card is https://wbpds.wb.gov.in.
Candidate can contact WBPDS helpline toll-free number: 18003455505 OR 1967 for any complaint.