EWS Reservation Eligibility, EWS Bill Passed, Documents, Certification: The Central government along with the parliament taken the initiative to enact a bill that provides 10% Reservation in various educational institutions and central and state govt. jobs. People from the general category whose income under 8 lakh P.A can avail of the benefit. So rather than a caste certificate, it acts as an income certificate. The Economically weaker section (EWS) certificate is subcategorized under the general category. The bill was passed on 12th January 2019 by our President Shri Ram Nath Kovind. The Chief Minister of Gujrat Vijay Rupani had first executed EWS law in his state boundaries.
From this article, you will know all about EWS Certificat, how to apply for EWS Certificate, eligibility criteria, documents required, certificate validity etc. If you are going to apply for this Certificate, first read the post carefully and then do the same. You can easily ask any query in the comment section related to the post.
EWS Certificate- Overview
|Certificate enacted by||Central Government|
|Certificate Name||Economically Weaker Section(EWS)|
|Benifitted up to||10%|
|Beneficiaries||Certain people(fullfilled required norms)|
|Application Mode||Offline/Online(according to states)|
|Validity Period||Max 1 yr|
Economic Weaker Section (EWS)- Eligibility Criteria
As we know that for any certificate candidates have to fulfill some eligibility norms laid by the Central government to apply for the same. Read the following point attentively for the safer side.
- To avail the benefits Applicants must be an Indian citizen and belong to the general category, if he is from obc,sc,st He/she not eligible for this Certificate.
- The Family Gross income per annum must be less than 8 lack in financial year, sources include (salary, agriculture, business)
- The family does not possess an agricultural land of 5 acres or above.
- The family does not possess a residential flat or building of area covered 1000 square feet or above.
- The family should not possess of a residential plot of 100 square yards to 200 square yards or above in notified or other notified municipalities.
Applicants seek an EWS certificate their family status will also be taken into consideration. The term family determines the applicant’s parents, siblings not completed 18 years, spouse and children not completed 18 yrs. To know the person’s EWS status, the fixed possession of the family will be put together for aggregate evaluation.
EWS Certificate- Issuing Authority
Given below the list of legal authorities candidate should get issued the certificate from any of these officials. Government has allotted separate department for this certificate but it can vary with the states.
- Additional District Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Extra Assistant Commissioner/.Additional’ Deputy Commissioner/District Magistrate/ 1st Class Stipendary/Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrat/Chief Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer,(equal rank as Tehsildar)
- Sub-Divisional Officer(native state)
Documents Required for EWS Certificate
The appplicant first need to clubbed all necessary documents before applying. The requirement of the documents acts in accordance with state district level authority. So we provide you the casual documents list but the actual list that is required for EWS, you have to visit your state Certificate issuing authority like Tehsil or magistrate office for details information regarding required documents.
- Bank Passbook statement
- Certificates of educational qualifications
- PAN Card,
- Aadhar Card,
- Income proof Certificate,
- Affidavit self-attested for general category
- Property documents(Registry)
- Domicile(Residential) certificate,
- Passport-sized photograph(min 5-6)
Validity of EWS Certificate
According to the certificate-issuing authority, there is a certain validity period for all legal certificates after a specified period candidate either have to renew or apply for a new one. Although the validity of EWS is from 6 months to 1 year (as per district norms) Candidates are advised to check validity before exercise for any purpose. If you apply despite an expired certificate you are not eligible for any benefit.
What is the Procedure to Apply for EWS Certificate
The certificate can be applied either through Online or Offline mode is totally depends on the respective state authority. The state gives an opportunity on its official portal to apply for any certificates, as the majority of EWS issue certificate is offline mode. Candidate has to visit the local government authority(local tehsil) and asked for EWS Annexure and filled it carefully without any overwriting attach with required documents.
The state provides EWS online facility, in that procedure candidate has to go along with the online meseva government portal and apply for an online application in addition to uploading the original required documents on the website and submit the prescribed form in a given manner. If Candidate belongs to Andhra Pradesh can avail of the Benefit of the online facility.
After submitting the prescribed EWS Application form in Tehsil, the candidate has to wait for 15 to 20 days for the original certificate in order to red-tapism of the government department.
Common Questions for EWS Certificate
According to the certificate-issuing authority, the certificate remains authentic for One year.
No, According to the government norms there is no specific age limit for this certificate.
According to the Central Government, the 10% reservation is subcategorized under General Category.
Candidate belongs to Andra Pradesh or Bihar can apply for online other states residents can visit the state local authority(Tehsil).
The issuing authority of states decides a certain amount of fees for EWS Certificate. Due to the uncommon fee structure, we are unable to define respective fees.
1 thought on “EWS Reservation Eligibility – Who is Eligible for EWS Certificate?”
hello my father is retired from army and our family income is less than 4 lakh a year ..can i apply for EWS category ??? plzz reply